Need Help Installing Double Din Pioneer

1fstlt

Reaction score
I recently bought a pioneer avh-3300bt. I have Installed several decks before in older cars but I am having some trouble. I have everything hooked up, I bought a cheap harness and it came with a ignition wire (red 12v), I hooked it up to the deck and now I can't figure out where to put it in the car. I have done my research and I found people that shoved it in their fuse boxes under certain accessories that only come on under acc, but when I try that I can get the deck to turn on but there is no sound, the car won't turn over and my gauges are messed. If someone can help me with this ignition wire it would be greatly appreciated! Ps I drive a 2010 cobalt LT Coupe. Thanks!

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What is the part number of the harness you bought? What fuse did you tap into?

1fstlt

Reaction score
not sure of the part number, bought it from my buddies electronics shop, and he had it out of the package, tapped into two different fuses, power windows and wipers. Don't really want to spend another 150 bucks on a harness on top of the deck...

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

This harness does get rid of the factory chime feature and came with a paper that said this: the harness in this vehicle does not have a switched 12 volt wire. we have included a red wire and fuse tap to allow you to find a switched 12 volt, or accessory source at the fuse block. this wire must be routed from the fuse block to the factory radio dash opening and attached to the switched 12 volt or accessory wire of the new radio.

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are u connecting the red wire in the factory harness to the red wire ur running to the fusebox/new radio? (u need to disconnect that)

also if u have the pioneer setup u need to make sure ur getting power to the amp turn on wire

1fstlt

Reaction score
No, I left the stock harness the way it was... The amp turn on wire, where does that go to? The windows arent constant power, so shouldn't that fuse have worked? If not where would put that ignition wire then?

NickLuce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well thats why u have to buy a wireharness for the new deck bro because it has all ur chims and all nosies ect in it so from what i herd is harness can cost up to 130 bucks

1fstlt

Reaction score
I do have a new harness for the new deck, it's just a cheaper one and I know I'll loose the chimes but if I'm saving 100 bucks I don't care

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thinking you bought a harness for a Cavalier, the pin outs are wrong on those ones I believe. Would make sense that you have no sound then.

1fstlt

Reaction score
Sounds like im gonna have to take it somewhere then, I've never had this problem before and I have no idea. Thanks guys for the help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson