Please help! Knocking noise

Smitty

Reaction score
2009 Chevy cobalt base model 60k miles started running funny then shut off won't restart. Tried to start and makes knocking noise. Pulled codes and they are P0010 and P0013 both camshaft position actuators exagast and intake. Pulled exhaust sensor cleaned and put back in started car and it didn't knock and ran for about 5sec! Turned over a few more times good with no knock then it started again? My question is I read these actuators control oil flow could they be bad and not give the motor the oil it needs and cause it to knock? Sorry for the long post any help is appreciated!

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
They only control oil flow to the camshaft actuators. It can't starve the motor for oil. That being said, if they aren't working and you get a knocking you're probably low on oil.

Jaws4God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had that issue intermittently too.. P0013 code.. I clear it and it doesn't come back unless I seem to start the car right away after putting the key in.. if I turn the key to on.. leave it for a few seconds.. then start.. the code doesn't come back..

but after reading more on here.. makes me wonder if I should purchase a new actuator.. hmmm....

Jaws4God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after continuing to get the P0013 and P0014 codes.. and them staying on almost constantly.. I finally bit the bullet and purchased the Intake and exhaust cam position solenoids.. worked perfectly..no codes.. easy to install. (just be sure to not break the clip for the wire plug.. LOL)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie