Polk component crossover mounting options?

wehan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my coupe some Polk dB6501 components and I'm going to mount the tweeter flush with the door panel near my window crank, the crank will actually pass over it with approx 10mm of clearance. I'm wondering where to mount the crossover? I want to be able to easily access the tweeter adjustment switch but have them hidden to ward off thieves. I was thinking just rear of the door cubby and cutting an access hole in the back of the cubby? Any other ideas?

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Nevermind, I've read a few places that the crossover isn't exactly marine certified like the speakers so I'm mounting them under the dash somewhere to keep them safe. Going to try to keep them as close to the doors as possible.

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any crossover isnt marine certified but mounting it to the door panel shouldnt really be a problem either. realistically most of the water should route through the door itself and very little will get on the part where the door panel is (otherwise this would leak in the cabin with the door shut)

With that being said if you want to be able to access the crossover and want it to look clean then mounting it in the dash would be the "best" option.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup