Question about headlight bulbs...

Jhop16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got these bulbs i want to buy that wattage is 60/75W ... and stock is what 55/65W??... are they going to be okay or what?

wardzach2007

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes/no.

I accidentally burnt some connector by installing bulbs that were 70+. Don't do it IMO.

Even though probably nothing will happen.

AAS G5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The factory wiring is really only the correct guage to handle the voltage that the light are using. Along with the fuses. I wouldnt go with a higher wattage lites. I have silverstars and they do a great job of light the road. Tried HID's low were great hi beams sucked. Went back to silverstars!

gberland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya i bought a set of INTEC 4000K racing bulbs ULTRA WHITE..........they were awsome with low beams but the high beams wernt the greatest

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

i actually used them for like a whole year in a half with no problems what so ever despite the dimmness of the high beams but they looked really cool!!! lol at a price tho................i am gonna upgrade to a Conversion of HID s if u want the HID look just spend the extra money and get a HID conversion set there not that expensive on EBAY

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

i actually used them for like a whole year in a half with no problems what so ever despite the dimmness of the high beams but they looked really cool!!! lol at a price tho................i am gonna upgrade to a Conversion of HID s if u want the HID look just spend the extra money and get a HID conversion set there not that expensive on EBAY

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had pilot 8000k HID's with no high beams for about a year you gotta pay to play that's how I look at it. 75w is obviously brighter than 65, but has a higher draw which could potentially burn out wires like wardzach said. 65 is a pretty decent bulb there's really no reason to go higher. just get silverstars or something they're great.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Friend melted the wiring in his civic by going to a higher wattage....but it is a honda lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup