Raining gas

jlee

Reaction score
Ok so it started as small drop in return line and that turned into both lines and multiple holes in each literally raining gas barely if not any fuel pressure making it to motor.

Now to start I thought just cut bad sections out and use high pressure injector hose to patch basically. But would I be able to cut line down further to avoid more holes in line within a month or would it not be worth it to even bother?

Question 2 if it's not worth it to"patch" it could I use steel braided lines to run the entire length of old lines I know it's not the"right" thing to do but it will be done outside and will have to be done over weekend and just thought it would be easier since not having to bend lines and buy the flare and bend tools in top of it

roosterk0031

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never replace fuel lines but have brake lines and use compression fittings so I don't have to flare the ends. When I needed a flare the parts store (Orielys) had short 6-12" long piece with flares on both ends, I cut it in half so I have two flared ends and extend with compression fitting and straight tube. Buy a small tube cutter so it's easier to use in tight spaces.

On brake lines I just removed as far as I need to get to a good spot so the compression fitting will work.

corvairbob

Reaction score
so i had the same thing and just used gas line and it held up fine.

as for compression fittings on brake line is just borrowing trouble. that is why the mfg don't do it. but if you don't have a double flare kit of never have luck doing flares in the double you can flare and then cut a flare off and use it as a pill inside the first flare. it is better than compression fitting . however if you have access to hydraulic compression fittings that fit the brake lines you may get away with it as they have reversed grooves to keep the line in the fitting, but then again i have had plenty of those fail on hydraulic systems to.

roosterk0031

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be just borrowing time, but it's been enough time to outlast the vehicles.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais