Remote start help

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah ok yeah, you said clutch sensors lol I think you are correct on the neutral sensor.

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah ok yeah, you said clutch sensors lol I think you are correct on the neutral sensor.

clutch senors are the same thing... neutral safety switch and clutch senors are both safety switches that must be activated in order to start the vehicle, they are a part of the starter's circuit. if an automatic car is not in park or neutral the vehicle should not start and a manual car should not start without the clutch disengaged (pedal to floor).

I would never recommend installing a remote starter on a manual car. I learned the hard way to never park a manual car in gear when i am working on it. one time I was working on a car that someone had bought and didn't know there was a remote starter on it encountered some RFI and set the starter off and nearly ran me over as the car started to roll. Also I have seen plenty of cars run off the lifts when some moron accidentally hits the button

gberland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Illegal? I doubt that but it's definitely not a good idea to be sure.

ya definitly I believe so but in order to make a remote start work on a manual tranny u need to bypass the CLutch ive done this on my Balt , and Besides im the only one driving the car andr i wont ever be selling it, so with some basic common sense by passing a clutch isnt a big deal unless your and idiot :hahano:

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya definitly I believe so but in order to make a remote start work on a manual tranny u need to bypass the CLutch ive done this on my Balt , and Besides im the only one driving the car andr i wont ever be selling it, so with some basic common sense by passing a clutch isnt a big deal unless your and idiot :hahano:

see now, what if you have your car at the shop and they parked the car in gear on the lift.. and there is some kinda Radio Frequency Interference.. car drives off the lift and hurts the mechanic working on it... you're now liable for his injuries and the damage to your car.. and yes it's possible I have seen cars drive off the lift because of remote starters.

gberland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
see now, what if you have your car at the shop and they parked the car in gear on the lift.. and there is some kinda Radio Frequency Interference.. car drives off the lift and hurts the mechanic working on it... you're now liable for his injuries and the damage to your car.. and yes it's possible I have seen cars drive off the lift because of remote starters.

ok.......well A# Im a mechanic I do all my own repairs so it wont be in the shop

B# i dunno were u buy your remote starts from but my PROSTART will only engage the starter if the car is in ready mode which requires the car to be in Netural, and the E brake to be engaged and one of the buttons on the key fob to be pushed for 2 seconds everytime before i shut the car of , if i dont do this procedure the remote Start does not work at all , its a safety feature of my remote start , ive even tried starting it in gear in a open area in gear nothing happend but one flash from the park lights indicating the system needs to be in READY MODE , so i havent had any problems with a manual remote start at all,

Twintechsouth

Reaction score
so back to my question I take it nobody has done a remote start install??? well guess ill be the first i let u peeps kno when im done

I have a coolstart r/s, I have everything soldered and the same bypass u have xpress pkumux, but it won't start, doors, ect works fine, acc to brown, ign to yellow, and grounded, , from there I'm stuck,,,, do you have any advice to get mine working

well got the remote start working yeaahh!! now just gotta get the power locks working if anyone needs info message me
well ill be starting the wiring on my remote start this THURS people if anyone has question i have the proper schemantics and pictures thanks

Can u send me the pics and schematics u users, maybe that will give me some insight, on where I went wrong...thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a coolstart r/s, I have everything soldered and the same bypass u have xpress pkumux, but it won't start, doors, ect works fine, acc to brown, ign to yellow, and grounded, , from there I'm stuck,,,, do you have any advice to get mine working

Can u send me the pics and schematics u users, maybe that will give me some insight, on where I went wrong...thanks
You can try messaging him. Seems gberland hasn't been on in a couple years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie