Remote starter bypass

gberland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there kno any good by pass modules for remote starters besides FORTIN? My tranny is a manual Fortin requires you to cut your main factory theft wire in half and splice it in series, not really a fan of chopping my factory wire s up anyone kno any better solutions for remote starter s

onedoughboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can find a local tuner guru, pay gm to unlock your vin, and turn the programing for the anti-theft off.

Or, Cut the head of the key off, glue in to the inside off the plastic pieces around the steering column close to the ignition switch.

On the wiring, you can find a local salvage yard, find the plugs and connectors you need to make patch cords, so you don't have to butcher your factory harness. You could also just run an extra wire to the starter prong, KEEP IN MIND, THIS IS A STICK AND YOU WILL NEED SOME WAY OF KNOWING ITS NOT IN GEAR. Not sure the transmission has a neutral safety switch, I though it was on the clutch pedal. I might be wrong about it not having a neutral safety switch though, seems I had a manual with factory remote start. It had the remote anyways with the start button. Never tried it.

gberland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude I've had a remote start in this vehicle already , i got that part figured out , it had to be removed for a reason which is another story , but ya. I have access to a TECH 2 GMscanner at my shop I work at?? Unlock my VIN?? what do u mean by this ? Do u mean disable antitheft? I thought that's not possible?? Didn't think it's that easy, I like the idea of a key but I don't think those are reliable on cold ass weather ? Lol

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Oh by the way I'm a FORD tech and our shop just acquired a generic scanner that mimics aTECH2 since we get so much Chevy so using the Tech 2 is very Grey for me lol

Twintechsouth

Reaction score
Dude I've had a remote start in this vehicle already , i got that part figured out , it had to be removed for a reason which is another story , but ya. I have access to a TECH 2 GMscanner at my shop I work at?? Unlock my VIN?? what do u mean by this ? Do u mean disable antitheft? I thought that's not possible?? Didn't think it's that easy, I like the idea of a key but I don't think those are reliable on cold ass weather ? Lol

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Oh by the way I'm a FORD tech and our shop just acquired a generic scanner that mimics aTECH2 since we get so much Chevy so using the Tech 2 is very Grey for me lol
I have a 09 G5, tryn to hook up a crimestopper remote start, with a direct 556u, bypass,,, kind of confused on the ignition wires for the starter, any advice, ..I k ow the 556u is old school but it's the first one I bought... Also yes I do have a coded key in the box, ...just curious on where's the starter wire ,,thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson