Replace driver door handle on 2007 SS

chwojdak

Reaction score
I've read "no problem just remove 3 bolts". Well on the 2007 SS I just bought, access to the upper bolt was blocked by the lower left corner of the window even with it fully raised. Had a rough time (scraped hands and arms) getting the upper bolt in and out. Beware!

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ouch. I'm hoping that I don't ever have to replace the external handles. What did you replace yours for?

esox07

Reaction score
My daughter just broke her's off....after I told her that if the door is frozen shut, it won't help to just keep pulling harder...well, she pulled harder. I watched a couple of youtube videos on changing the handle, but it seems they are all for the newer version doors where you don't even have to remove the door panel. Just loosen or remove a simple star bolt through a hole in the door jam and it will allow the handle to be removed. But, like the OP, I have to pull the door panel and remove the three bolts. I just hope her window isn't blocking any of the bolts.

It seems the change in doors was in November of 2006, a month before her car was produced.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais