Retrofits

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gen projector is different. As u can see on posts above. I put a picture of how the projector is. The glass part is not even out and does not intensify the light enough as would flatter bowls. But to flat causes no light. Has to be perfect.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Jaws4God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gen projector is different. As u can see on posts above. I put a picture of how the projector is. The glass part is not even out and does not intensify the light enough as would flatter bowls. But to flat causes no light. Has to be perfect.

Gosh im trying so hard to understand...

So when im shopping.. What specifically do u need to look for on the light?

I like these and they look like that projector you posted...

yhst-11161747262114_2269_518525878

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Read this thread:
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44158-HID-plug-n-play-fails-govt-test

It explains why you want projectors that are specifically designed to be used with HID bulbs.

Anything you find of the shelf are not designed to be used with HID bulbs. Retrofit is the only way to have a perfect output.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Typical aftermarket halogen projector output with HID bulbs and with halogen bulbs.
DSCN3965.jpg

Poorly designed and shoddy build quality, now that's not to say that they're all like that. I lucked out with my first gen projectors, but they still have hot spots and don't work correctly with HID bulbs.

Jaws4God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read this thread:
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44158-HID-plug-n-play-fails-govt-test

It explains why you want projectors that are specifically designed to be used with HID bulbs.

Anything you find of the shelf are not designed to be used with HID bulbs. Retrofit is the only way to have a perfect output.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Typical aftermarket halogen projector output with HID bulbs and with halogen bulbs.
DSCN3965.jpg

Poorly designed and shoddy build quality, now that's not to say that they're all like that. I lucked out with my first gen projectors, but they still have hot spots and don't work correctly with HID bulbs.

Thanks. That is helping me.. I think what i learned is there are halogen projectors.. I assumed all projectors were for HIDs so i thought the issue was me putting hids in my stock halogen but that website was for projectors.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would commit suicide if I drove around with that lighting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais