Speedometer not working, Power steering message, and won't shift

NewCobaltOwner9

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is my first post and I just recently bought a 2005 Chevy Cobalt from a private owner.

About a week after buying it, I was driving to work and noticed that the speedometer wasn't working at all. The RPMs were getting higher than usual then it shifted hard into second gear. Right after shifting, the speedometer began working again. After putting a scanner onto it, I came up with two codes: P0700 and P0722. So far this is what I've tried:

- Checked all fuses (multiple times)
- Reseated the ECM, TCM, and BCM connectors
- Replaced Output Shaft Sensor
- Inspected the OSS cables for any breaks
- Disconnected the battery for 30 min
- Checked the transmission fluid level (it's full)
- Added a ground wire onto the Transmission Control Module because I heard a few people say that fixed it

Sometimes the car works completely fine, but since it began happening, it never works for more than a day. It will either shift (but hard), not shift out of first, or be completely fine. Anyone have any ideas? I'm at a loss.

Cmunnie

Reaction score
Hey Newcobaltowner....did you get a solution for this? I have the same exact problem....verbatim. I did the exact same things you've done. The only thing left is probably wiring related. shorted harness or connector.

did you have any luck figuring this out?

thx

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais