Strange issues going on with my 2008 Cobalt please help!

Shine0211

Reaction score
So Last week my car started smelling like burning rubber so I turned off the air and I could still kinda smell it but not as bad. It would happen when I was driving at a steady higher speed, when I would decellerate it would stop. I got the belt checked and it was fine. A few days later I was in the passenger seat and heard like a ticking noise coming from behind my glove box, it got louder when I had the air on. The day after, in the afternoon I had been driving and white smoke started coming out of my air vents while my air was on. I turned it off and it stopped. I turned my air back on after a few minutes and it started smoking again. The burning smell has still been happening but it's not as strong. I opened my hood while the engine was running and it's making alot more noise than usual. I got in my car yesterday and there is this oily residue on the INSIDE of my windows and on the inside of my windshiled towards the middle. I checked my oil earlier today and there was some kind of debris in it...maybe grass or paper and there was oily residue on the covering of my engine that wasn't there last night. Does anyone know what this might be? Please help!

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
you might have gotten some metal debris in the engine somewhere, i really couldnt say much without being there and seeing it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup