struts help!!!

johaners

Reaction score
Hi all! My 2009 cobalt LS is about to hit 50000 miles and I just got my car looked at for a alignment and rotation. They said that I have to get my front struts replaced and its going to cost $171 for each strut plus a $75 front stabilizer bar end link. I looked up these parts online and I found some that are just $70. Are they just as good as the ones the guys at the mechanic would use? Should I wait until next year or is this a super serious thing?! does anyone have any advice?

Thanks much

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you push down on the suspension and it doesn't "bounce" you should be fine on the struts. It should compress, come back up a little past ride height, and then settle back down to normal height. Anything more than that means your struts are toast.

The end link is an interesting one, unless it's falling off or the ball joints are seized you should be fine.

Another thing you can do is have them show you why it needs replaced. A lot of places such as Firestone will tell you something needs fixed just based off of mileage.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso