Water Leak Driver's Side

PumaPhreak

Reaction score
Greetings. I just purchased a 2007 Cobalt LT and have noticed a great deal of water in the driver's floor board when it rains. I've been searching the internet frantically to fix the problem and have luckily found this forum to try to get an answer. It seems like it may be coming from a missing gasket in the firewall but having just gotten the car I don't know if it's missing a gasket or not. I love this car and hope to fix the problem relatively easily. Any and all input is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

I forgot to mention that the leak is happening when the car is parked and turned off. So I'm pretty sure it's not coming from the A/C condensation.

PumaPhreak

Reaction score
So upon further inspection, it looks like the water is coming through the door gasket. So I'm gonna use some silicone to try to fix the problem. It's supposed to rain here all week so I'll report back to let you know how the fix works.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Where exactly is it leaking thru the door seal? That seal shouldn't need silicone at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitey75

Latest posts