Wiring problem. Please help.

natemacdonald403

Reaction score
I recently (May 2017) bought my 2007 Cobalt SS/SC. I didn't start having problems until a few months after purchase. I would randomly get ENG PWR REDUCED on the display and the car would run at 30% power. It is still doing this. I have done research and tried many different things yet still have the problem. I have replaced the throttle body, PCM, and accelerator pedal with no luck. I am suspecting it is the engine wiring harness. The problem I am running into now is I really do not want to examine every single wire in the harness or replace the harness completely because I cannot afford a new one at this time. Has anyone else had this problem? Any information on this topic would be helpful because at this point its just getting dangerous. Half the time I drive the car it chugs when I release the accelerator pedal (to about 400rpms) and other times I get little response, erratic response, or no response at all.

natemacdonald403

Reaction score
I dont have specific numbers at the moment just because I am at work but it has a TPS Sensor/switch A/B voltage correlation code and the crankshaft position sensor which needs to be programmed still because of the new PCM. On a side note, i checked the harness yesterday and every wire to the TB had good connection to the PCM. So I have ruled that out, for the most part, as well.

2008CobaltOwner

Reaction score
I dont have specific numbers at the moment just because I am at work but it has a TPS Sensor/switch A/B voltage correlation code and the crankshaft position sensor which needs to be programmed still because of the new PCM. On a side note, i checked the harness yesterday and every wire to the TB had good connection to the PCM. So I have ruled that out, for the most part, as well.
Without knowing DTCs it is hard to give an advice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson