02 sensor...help

raisinbran88

Reaction score
hey everybody, i need a question answered, hopefully somebody can help. ok so i took off my stock exhaust, put on headers/downpipe and a megan cat back system. the stock cable for the 02 sensor was about 6 inches short of reaching it. i got an extension for that cable from a buddy, but i havent connected it. i do have a check engine light goin off, which i knew would happen, but i was wondering....is driving without that 02 sensor in place going to cause any problems? i still have the primary sensor plugged in at the downpipe, its just the secondary thats unhooked.....so just wondering if its going to cause any damage if i run my car without that sensor...any help answering would be appreciated.

deepblack ss

Reaction score
running without the secondary o2 wont do a thing to your car, just that annoying cel

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah rear o2 only monitors the catalytic convertor, to make sure its still functioning properly...no harm or change will happend to engine performance if that sensor is not plugged in...only thing is a anoying check engine light, and not passing state emissions tests...

deanozx10r

Reaction score
Hi everyone new here!! So say someone removed the cat and replaced it with a strait pipe. Of course it threw the dumby light, is there anything that can be put in to get the dumby light off so the remote start with work besides the cat. The second sensor was put in the new pipe. Thanks everyone!!!!

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
modifying spark plug fowlers for the o2 sensor has been known to work as it takes the sensor out of the direct path of exhaust and "fools" the sensor into thinking everything is fine. or you can get it tuned out.

deanozx10r

Reaction score
Im not much of a car guy, more sportbike LOL. Whats modifying spark plug flowers or how would you go about doing this. Then tuning it out would'nt that make the motor run lean. How this whole thing started was the flex part on the down pipe broke. I replaced it with a weld in ebay replacement, well as I was in there I thought well lets try and get some more gas milage and took the cat out. Not thinking I new it was going to through a dumby light but didnt think the dam remote start wouldnt work. So here I sit GLs ankles broke, its getting cold she wants her remote start. Ya I know dumb move!!!! Should have just replaced the broken part!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais