05 chevy cobalt ls

toyotacelica94

Reaction score
alright guys, i have a 05 chevy cobalt im working on, i need to find the easiest way to disable the speed governer, its a 05 cobalt, base model, only has aftermarket exhaust on it for now, planning on a turbo and cold air intake, so any good ideas on disabling the governer would be great

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Its possible, but there really isn't a viable reason for doing it. Especially since you're a new driver and the car isn't prepped for those kinds of speeds. Put some work into the suspension, tires and braking before you go trying to set to land speed records man.

toyotacelica94

Reaction score
listen, i don't need a lecture about going fast or needing to upgrade suspension, all i need is to know how to disable/bypass the speed governor. just because i didnt list all the mods im making on here, doesnt mean im not gonna

RedDead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
listen, i don't need a lecture about going fast or needing to upgrade suspension, all i need is to know how to disable/bypass the speed governor. just because i didnt list all the mods im making on here, doesnt mean im not gonna

Damn what a rude ass:upyours:
Dude was just trying to help you out and make sure you dont kill yourself but damn maybe you should blow a tire out going 120 and slam into a wall you'd be doing us a favor:idiot:

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Damn what a rude ass:upyours:
Dude was just trying to help you out and make sure you dont kill yourself but damn maybe you should blow a tire out going 120 and slam into a wall you'd be doing us a favor:idiot:

:rofl: I dont even take my SS up that high, soft sidewall tires are FTL at highspeeds.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie