05 LS Kill Switch?

savatreatabvr

Reaction score
Bought my daughter a 2005 Cobalt LS 2.2l. Shes moving into her first apartment so I'm kinda concerned about the LS being stolen. I want to install a kill switch, I've installed them on vehicles before but nothing newer than 2000. I searched online for wiring diagrams but came up empty handed. Has anyone installed a kill switch before and if so how did you do it? I've had 2 cars stolen before and it's not a good feeling finding out your car is not where you parked it last, lol!

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Passlock system is actually pretty good on these cars, the only way to start the car is with a paired key that's been cut to the correct tumbler. But if you still feel you need to install a kill switch I'd toss something inline with say the fuel pump or starter relays. Nothing of course is going to prevent somebody with a tow dolly from taking it.

That looks like a really nice Phoenix lawn btw.

savatreatabvr

Reaction score
Lol, yeah green grass doesn't last long in Phoenix unless you pay a landscaper $300 a month. Any pointers on splicing in a kill switch to the fuel pump?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a relay under the hood for the fuel pump, just trace the connection to the back side of the fuse box. Clip the wire and add a switch to place wherever you want inside the car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup