07 Cobalt...Audio Wiring Problem...Need Help

Kr0ta5tik

Reaction score
I have a 2007 chevy cobalt and am trying to install a head unit, but not in the conventional way. I opted to attach all the wires without a harness, but when I did that the original 12v+ wire stopped channeling power so I need to find an alternative power supply that runs enough power in the same way as that power supply did ....Ideas???

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you popped a fuse. You really couldn't just get the cheap $25 harness? Would have saved you a headache.

wehan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup sounds like a fuse. Stop acting like you're in junior high and by the appropriate adapter harness.

Kr0ta5tik

Reaction score
Re: Re: 07 Cobalt...Audio Wiring Problem...Need Help

Ok well let me clarify myself...the 12v+ is not holding power and the fuses are all fine, so I have to re-route it (somehow). It wouldn't matter if a got a harness at this point so do not ridicule. If it were just a fuse I would have not been asking for help. Please respond if you have useful information.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good luck with that buddy. Trace down that wire and fix it, you sound like you're a brilliant electrician this should be no problem! Also, be less of a dick.

We start with the basics because not everyone checks them and you didn't state that you had. Since you know where the fuse box is, just use a constant and ACC powered add-a-fuse to get your stereo hooked up.

wehan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check both fuse boxes? Under the hood and passenger side center console?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie