07 cobalt pop

93_cherokee

Reaction score
Hello people. My wife has a 07 cobalt Lt, when she turns, hits a bump, brakes, or pretty much just normal driving, the front end makes a pop noise. In the last 3 years I have replaced both control arms, outer tie rod ends, rear shocks, both struts, a week ago I replaced the front brakes and rotors, rear shoes and drums, brand new tires two days ago and it still pops. Didn't start until a couple months ago but I can't recreate the situation when its jacked up. Even jacked up under load, I just can't make it make the sound. Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks in advance

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Control arm bushings replaced as well?

Sway bar isolator bushings and end links can make that noise as well.

93_cherokee

Reaction score
New control arms came with bushings. I replaced the sway bar end links a week ago but haven't checked the rest of tthe sway bar bushings

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine had a great click or knock sound on bumps and corners from worn swaybar bushings. A little tight under there but can be done on jackstands.

93_cherokee

Reaction score
Are you talking about the ones that only Chinese men can reach on the frame kinda under the motor?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It wasn't that terrible, the issue was more maneuvering the parts and tools around to get everything situated where it needed to be. The subframe puts the front swaybar just about against the unibody.

Also, make sure you order the right part. There's like 5 different swaybar sizes depending on year and such. Best best is to find the part number you need on wholesalegmpartsonline.com and then order that part number either there or Amazon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
case310

Latest posts