08 cobalt Ls want start

harryharris599

Reaction score
Last week my wife hit something in her 08 cobalt ls 2.2 she said it started running hot and it died about a mile from our house so I towed it back home I looked at it and the radiator was twisted back so I changed that out filled it back up with coolant and still it wouldn't start I noticed the coolant keep getting low every time I'd roll the motor over to try to crank it so then I noticed water under the car by the exhaust so I get under there and look and there is a tiny hole and every time I try to roll it over it streams out not just dripping streaming for about a minute also as my first suspected problem that the head gasket may of blown I checked the oil and it looked no sign of water no milkshake please help

harryharris599

Reaction score
OThe exhaust the rectangular thing right in front of the exhaust pipe located about even with the back tire on the driver side looks like the small hole was drilled there its almost perfectly round I pretty sure it coming from the muffler

Last edited:

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unrelated. No water line runs back past the heater block in the cabin.

GMCustomerService

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there harryharris559,

I’m sorry to hear of this concern with your wife’s Cobalt. I will be glad to look further into this. If I can be of any extra assistance please feel free to send a private message referencing this thread. I look forward to hear from you!

Kristen A.
GM Customer Care

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup