08 LS, looking to customize, any opinions cosmetic or performance

xxenjoi11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello to the Cobalt Community! I'd like to start by saying that i am new to this website and really cars all together. After owning a hand me down 99 Sable, driving that for eight years, having that till about a week ago i never appreciated a car until I bought mine. Its an 08 Cobalt LS with only 12500 miles, I bought it Randy Moss style "strait cash homie" for only 9 and a half grand and so far i am really happy with it. Although it is very plain jane on the inside I see websites out there with Dash Kits to make it look all nice and all the other cosmetic aspects to make your car look cool without bringing on to much work. On the other side of it the first part of the performance side that sicks out to me is the muffler. The dinky little pipe just doesnt work for me and i need to upgrade it, thats why i come to this site hoping to get actual feedback from other cobalt owners and not hate mail. thanks in advance for any input

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first appearance mod should be to lower it to be honest. interior dash kits are nice but they cost quite a bit and it's something that not a lot of people will notice first off. although my first mod was an exhaust, so i would do that too.

donnkesterjr

Reaction score
I believe you have a model wih secondary air injection, so on the exhaust side, you'll only be able to do a cat-back. If you see a rubber hose between the sensor next to the air box & the strut mounts, you have SAI.

As far as I've seen, nobody yet makes a header for the cars with SAI, and only K&N makes an intake kit that supports the SAI.

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have no supporting facts to prove he has sai... If there's a dinky wire coming out of the airbox, then you do, otherwise, you dont

donnkesterjr

Reaction score
He said it was a 2008. As far as I'm aware of, they added SAI in late 2006, correct? Or was that for 2006 only?

And in case I was wrong, that is also why I added the info needed to check if he did or not.

white balt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 2009 LT I don't have that sure so they won't.

[insert signature here]

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SAI was only made to sell in certain states. unless he's in california or another emissions state, he does not have it. SAI did not come "standard" on every car. i have an 08 and i don't have it.

donnkesterjr

Reaction score
Understood. Everywhere I looked for it (when I was researching how to locate it on mine) said "in late 2006, they added SAI" without any further info. Luckily, I don't have it either.

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our forums have more knowledge about our cars than random internet sites

aka So Fresh

Reaction score
You didn't have to be a dick about it.

I was also told by the Chevy dealership that all 2007+ Cobalts have the SAI.

:challenge:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson