2.2L limited slip???

gberland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 2006 LS 2.2L balt with a manual tranny , was wondering if any one knos if both wheels spin on a launch??? not that i wanna spin my tires but i was just wondering??? i dont believe it does?? i kno the SS models have this option

gberland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how can u tell if it has limited slip?

ummm physically its hard too , finding out what type of tranny u have equipped will help, the only other way i can see is if u get some one to watch while you while spin the tires :hahano: not too sure tho im pretty sure mine dosent

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
actually kinda easy for instance in 2005-2007 only select g85 models had it

i think it came standard on the SS 08-10

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
actually kinda easy for instance in 2005-2007 only select g85 models had it

i think it came standard on the SS 08-10

Standard in 2010 SS, optional in the 05-09 builds.

If you want to know if your car came with it and you have an SS look on the RPO sticker in the trunk under the carpet on the left side and look for the code G85. If you don't have an SS your car did not come with LSD no way no how.

Jmesl8er

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if its lsd, and u jack up the front end, spin one tire, wouldnt the other tire spin the other way???

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
if its lsd, and u jack up the front end, spin one tire, wouldnt the other tire spin the other way???

Nope, that'll happen on an open diff car too as the path of least resistance is the other wheel for that momentum instead of up into the transmission.

If you jack up only one side and leave the car in neutral I believe you wont be able to spin the wheel too far before the LSD kicks in......I think...dont quote me on that, easiest way to find out is to look at the RPO sticker in the trunk.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais