2003 - 2007 Recalls. Get the issue fixed!

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know many of you know about that issues that GM has had with the ignition turning off well driving. If not, make sure you look into it and see if your cobalt has this issue and get it taken care of. This article was about girl that died from the ignition turning off well driving.

Parents 'Boiling With Anger' After Daughter's Death in GM Car - NBC News

GM in February has issued a recall for 2003 - 2007 chevy cobalts. Make sure you get you cars in to the dealers!

Justinw303

Reaction score
I'm gonna put it off because A) it's gonna take a while to get parts and get everyone taken care of, B) If the engine turns off, I'll turn it back on, and C) I'm not a girl so I should be able to handle a car without power steering/brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm gonna put it off because A) it's gonna take a while to get parts and get everyone taken care of, B) If the engine turns off, I'll turn it back on, and C) I'm not a girl so I should be able to handle a car without power steering/brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The airbags turn off with the ignition as well.

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe. But we don't know what ur fix is. Either the tumbler which is recalled. Or ignition switch which is 30$

songsj

Reaction score
My '08 shut off like this when the car was almost new. Never did it again so I did not take it in, also one time the glove on my hand got caught on my key ring when I was going to shut the car off and the key came right out of the ignition with the car still running. Lucky I was able to shove the key back in and turn the car off. I also have had the issue where the ignition switch locks up and you have to mess with the steering wheel and shifter to get it turn to start the car. These would have been great cars if they would have paid a little more attention to quality. I have had other problems I will post in appropriate sections.

Last edited:

GMCustomerService

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Songsj,

I am truly sorry you had these concerns with your 2008. Are you still experiencing these concerns? Please private message me your name, VIN, phone number, and dealership name.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson