2005 Cobalt Vacuum Leak

bianca655322

Reaction score
my Base model Cobalt shudders at idle, and I've narrowed it down to a vacuum leak. AND narrowed it down to here:

IMG-20120813-00408.jpg

Any idea what this is or where I can get it?

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jesus christ your engine is dusty.. have you tried your air filter? that picture is your evap tube. to save you about 30 bucks from gm, just go buy some vacuum hose and a couple zip ties and put it on the evap to the throttle body

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to see you've narrowed it to there, how exactly did you manage that with all that dirt everywhere?

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to see you've narrowed it to there, how exactly did you manage that with all that dirt everywhere?

Maybe it sucked all dirt and left a clean spot? Never know o.o..

Lol used dirt to find leak Haha I just ran that accross my head. I cracked myself up

I sent this thru the Intranet™

UncleDave

Reaction score
Engine does look quite dirty. Cleaning it up as you go sometimes help, if not show where you have looked. Again how do you Know it is a vacuume leak?

I am an old timer. An old trick is to carefully spray Propane, a very Small amount is the area. When you come across a leak the engine will run smooth.

This is Dangerous. Would be best to take it to a shop that knows what they are doing.

Might be good to a shop that is well known for their service, and buy a little fuel, etc. from them.

The last time I went to the Fast Oil change, they did not put the rubber gasket around the Air Filter. Took it apart later, for a visual inspection, and could see the Black Marks were the air was going around the filter element.

A clean engine is a Happy engine. ?.

God Speed.

Uncle Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso