2005 Ford Focus....need help!!!

DaveBlank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was driving my wife's car a 2005 ford focus(automatic) ran into some water not sure how deep the water was on the car by the time i got out it had already receded. anyway the car stalls and will not stop. i pushed the car into a parking lot and it has been sitting there for about 4 hours. when i put the key in the ignition everything is fine when i turn it to the next position all the lights flicker, fade, go off, then come on like everything is working perfectly. when i try to start it the lights fade and flicker and sometimes you can hear a faint humming sound.

any ideas?

tomorrow i am going to check air intake/plugs to see if it sucked up water..

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Theres a short in your starter, or thats my guess. Because your lights only have an issue when you try to start it. Make sure everything is dry down there @ the starter. If the motor is hydrolocked pull the plugs and spin the motor a few times once the starter works again to remove the water.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Also might be a dead battery from when you ran thru the water and shorted it. Check your voltage on the battery.

DaveBlank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going about 20 mph..it was on the street i live on. topped over a hill and didnt have time to stop...

DaveBlank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok..it will be raining here for the next week so im sure that isnt going to help any. car is supposed to be towed here sometime today.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Of course. I have more then that one too ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais