2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2.0L Ecotec

T

ThinkRusty87

Okay everyone i am finally getting around to ordering parts and am debating on what to do. My power goal is 300hp+.

Right now i have just stage 2 installed. I was thinking about going a custom setup route but knowing me i will want more power and most likley change it around eventually.

So what i was thinking was get the supporting mods out of the way: hahn racecraft cat-back exhaust, hahn racecraft or zzperformance downpipe and header, zzperformance or over the top performance cold air intake, zzp s3 heat exchanger, gm performance clutch, gm dual pass endplate, siemens 60lb injectors, option b, hp tuners tune and a 2.6" pulley.

I eventually want to port the stock m62 blower, port my head, build the motor, and spray the car as well. My other question is will i need anything else? What power level would i be at?

If anyone here thinks i should get one brand over another please put it out there explain why. I dont want to buy something now and have to replace it later on.

Last edited by a moderator:

I <3 Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for that goal just go turbo. it will be cheaper if you peace it together. im not jumping on the turbo bandwagon but the truth is if your looking for the best bang for your buck, turbo my friend is the way to go AND! if you ever want more power, having a turbo will yeld crazy power easy with the lsj.
but if you want to stick with your sc the spray it with a 2.7-2.8 pulley with intake,dp and a good tune you should be there or very close...hope it helps a little.
in march or april im going 50trim turbo myself, im looking for 380'swhp.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
for that goal just go turbo. it will be cheaper if you peace it together. im not jumping on the turbo bandwagon but the truth is if your looking for the best bang for your buck, turbo my friend is the way to go AND! if you ever want more power, having a turbo will yeld crazy power easy with the lsj.
but if you want to stick with your sc the spray it with a 2.7-2.8 pulley with intake,dp and a good tune you should be there or very close...hope it helps a little.
in march or april im going 50trim turbo myself, im looking for 380'swhp.

;) just get an ss/tc they make 330hp and 400tq with a tune and simple bolt on's, upgraded turbos will net 400+hp very easily when fueling is solved. Just imagine, 450whp and 500wtq mmmmmmmmmm tire shredding power to break loose in 4th gear lol

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you guys suck. he didn't ask about going turbo. here's my favorite combination: 2.8 with 60's, meth injection, 100 octane tune, clutch, ottp rotated mounts, ottp stage 1 axles, dual pass endplate with option b, heat exchanger, adjustable cam gears, shorty header, 3" catless dp, 2.5" catback, valve springs. i could see fun power out of that pretty easily and some low 13's or so. with a nice tvs setup youll shit on most of these bolt on ss/tc's. stay away from nitrous if you know whats good for you.

Zdeuce4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
u got e85 in ur area? if u do 2.8 or 2.7 with full bolt ons and 60s with some 80s on e85 u should hit 300

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie