2006 Cobalt LS Sedan Headlights

Robert C

Reaction score
Hello,

I just joined hoping that someone can give me some direction. I have been working on my 2006 LS Sedan and am having a hard time with my drivers side blinker. All the hazard lights and blinkers work except this one. When I have the running lights on the bulb lights up but will not blink. (looks like here are two coils and one wont fire up) I took it to the dealership and they were completely lost but they were kind enough to offer to replace the entire assembly for about $190 plus labor. I believe that it is the actual socket that connects the bulb to the rest of the harness. It has four wires protruding from the back and twists into place. I attempted to find this one piece and even ordered it but once it arrived I found it was not the right one. (think it was a tail light blinker) Can anyone tell me what part number I need to look for? I can rewire this single socket but I cant find it anywhere! If anyone can think of a better reason why this one bulb is malfunctioning I would appreciate it.

Just in case anyone is wondering yes I did replace the bulb. I also tried cleaning out the socket, filing off the corrosion and applying some electronic cleaner. I am seeing bare metal so the connections should be good.

By the way I am in no way a mechanic, Its not an expensive car and I thought it would be interesting to work on pieces myself. If anyone has feedback please dumb it down for me lol

Thanks so much for any help y'all can provide.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
wholesalegmpartsonline.com is a great resource to lookup part numbers.

Are both sets of electrodes getting power for the turn signal socket?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie