2006 rear wheel bearings

corvairbob

Reaction score
can anyone tell me if the rear wheel bearings on the ls are replacable or will i have to get the complete hub bearing assembley? advanced auto is not much help and rock auto has no picture taht i seen of the rear drum brake bearings. thanks

corvairbob

Reaction score
thanks most likely that is the only way to fix them. can't really tell which bearing is making the noise. may wind up takeing each one of and spinning it to see if it feels bad.

corvairbob

Reaction score
the last time i checked they where good. that was last fall but every year i check them and they have been good. not saying now they are they could have went bad since last fall but the noise has been there for a year or so and sounds like it is getting a bit worse. at first i thought it was the tires going bad, new tires last fall and noise is still there.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I ask because the rear calipers on mine stuck and ate the inner disc surfaces.

corvairbob

Reaction score
thanks all question help spur ideas. my car has rear drum brakes. they to could cause issues like that with a warped drum. i had rear drums warp before and i knew it because the brake peddle told me i had warped drums it pulsed. i will just have to remove the bearing assembly's and check them to see. maybe i can rock the tires top and bottom and that may tell me. thanks

Twintechsouth

Reaction score
I have a 09 G5, just looking for information ,or write up for changing my rear bearings with drum brakes,,I couldn't find any info online, I did the front, but really don't like drum brakes,, any help will be appreciated, thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie