2007 Chevy Cobalt Noise. Help with Diagnoses!!

Is this a dangerous sound?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mell

Reaction score
Hi there,
I have a 2007 chevy cobalt. I have had a nasty rubbing noise coming from the front end of my car only while turning slowly. Just today there was a snow storm (maybe that is relevant) and now there is new sound which is two clicks whenever I turn the wheel even when I'm parked. Last time I had my car looked at all i was told is that the knuckle on the steering shaft was slightly bent but wasn't to bad and I was ok to not get it replaced. So i feel that won't be the issue. I have done some research, and I think I know that it is not the outer CV axil or a ball joint, I'm thinking that maybe there is some split boots somewhere in my steering n that is why i am hearing rubbing but I'm not to sure what this two click sound is coming from. I work a weird schedule and I cant seem to find a day to bring in my car to get it looked at. I would take my wheel off but I'm in the middle of winter and I do not have a garage. Can anyone help me? Or tell me If you think its dangerous? Thank a alot.

SideShow Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Frozen slush build up in a front wheel well (s) ?
Have someone sit in your drivers seat and turn the wheel while you are outside at the front to listen for where the rubbing noise is coming from.
Recreate all the conditions that you hear the noise, engine running, in park or drive, so on and so forth.
Do it ASAP so you can have peace of mind if it is something simple or get it fixed if it is something major.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie