2007 cobalt tps problem

rickm

Reaction score
i have a 2007 cobalt ls- check engine light is on and gives error code p0121- this gives me a throttle/ pedal position sensor/switch out of range - this caused the car to fail the emissions part of the state inspection . any one else had this problem or know where the tps is located and how to diagnose/replace-simply cant afford to take car to dealer or repair shop- usually work on my cars myself- but the service manual i have for the cobalt is not real clear on this subject- any help will be appreciated- performance symptoms include low/surging idle,engine dies on deacceleration,slow acceleration, rough/hard transmission shift.

UncleDave

Reaction score
Just some ideas. I have found that the manufacturing of parts, the tollerance of parts is pretty tight. Buy the new part and replace it. Then go to a shop. You may luck out.

I personally, coming from Boston, with all the Road Salt, etc. Putting a trace of Dielectric Paste on the computer connections eliminated a lot of problems.

Parts store should help you. Just Cleaning may work.

Do a google search of the Code. It often comes up with some good ideals.

Mess up, the next time it will be easier. Just looking you may find other things to fix.

Have Fun.

If you go to one Service Station for our gas, ask them about it.

What manual do you have. Not the GM manual. TOO expensive.

mcuadra86

Reaction score
Code P0121

i have a 2007 cobalt ls- check engine light is on and gives error code p0121- this gives me a throttle/ pedal position sensor/switch out of range - this caused the car to fail the emissions part of the state inspection . any one else had this problem or know where the tps is located and how to diagnose/replace-simply cant afford to take car to dealer or repair shop- usually work on my cars myself- but the service manual i have for the cobalt is not real clear on this subject- any help will be appreciated- performance symptoms include low/surging idle,engine dies on deacceleration,slow acceleration, rough/hard transmission shift.

Bump lol
IDK if you already took care of the problem but if anyone else gets this code they may want to try:
  • Cleaning the Throttle Body
  • Replace the Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor
  • Replace Throttle Bod
  • Check Ground G401

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais