2010 cobalt LS cruise control

lukkys

Reaction score
Hi everybody newbie here.Got a new LS in may and brought it to the dealer to install a cruise control,first they said i couldn't get the factory one but they could install aftermarket which was ok with me........after a whole day of working on the car they said the computer on the LS wouldn't accept it.So anybody out there tried to install a cruise on a 2010,i'm not a happy camper.Thanks in advance.

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
never heard of an aftermarket cruise control. best thing might be a cruise control from the same year LT model and install it. maybe switch over the LT computer to

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Shouldnt be too bad to do, I would just use the factory CC and install it.

lukkys

Reaction score
cruise control

never heard of an aftermarket cruise control. best thing might be a cruise control from the same year LT model and install it. maybe switch over the LT computer to

They got a computer off a new Lt and it didn't recognize the car body or something,just glad i didn't have to pay anything,about 6 hours labour.They said GM put a different comp. on LS.No wonder they almost went tits up.

TheDarkened

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have an '08 LS and had aftermarket cruise installed in about 6 hours (also had aftermarket windows, locks, alarm and remote start installed at that same time frame).
All in all, everything is working perfectly.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
They got a computer off a new Lt and it didn't recognize the car body or something,just glad i didn't have to pay anything,about 6 hours labour.They said GM put a different comp. on LS.No wonder they almost went tits up.

The ECU is the same on LS and LT, it needs a vin reflash to work with your BCM. But either way an aftermarket cruise shouldnt need to interface with the ECU.

lukkys

Reaction score
cruise control

The ECU is the same on LS and LT, it needs a vin reflash to work with your BCM. But either way an aftermarket cruise shouldnt need to interface with the ECU.

The dealer told me they changed the comp. on 2010 LS.The CC have to use the comp. to operate cause the gas pedal is electronic control (no cable).That was the dealer trying to set one up.They didn't charge me anything after 6 hours ,they said it couldn't be done on a 2010.I will try to call a company rep today.Will be back later.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
the BCM might be different or have a few different parameters but the ECU is the same model and programing with a few things left out. If the dealership cant install a CC I would try somewhere else.

lukkys

Reaction score
cruise control

the BCM might be different or have a few different parameters but the ECU is the same model and programing with a few things left out. If the dealership cant install a CC I would try somewhere else.

Went to another dealer today,the guy said GM don,t make a CC kit for LS and he don't know any aftermarket either,and he also said it,s a different comp. on Ls than LT on 2010.He said as far as he knows it can't be done unless GM comes up with something.I will check with some jobbers and see what they have to say.If i can find a phone # i will call a GM rep.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Find out Exactly what part is different, get the part numbers of the different parts. Sofar as I know all the 2.2s for 2010 have the same ECU, and all the 2.0T have the same.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie