85 Rx-7 need help

Mrslice2004

Reaction score
alright, i got a 1985 Rx-7 1.3l rotary, that for some reason will not idle correctly, ive checked all the fuel lines, ive checked the air intake, everything seems to be connected, the problem is, the car has a choke, and i have to have the choke out the whole time and on top of that to actually keep the car running i have to keep my foot pressed down on the clutch, otherwise when i let the clutch up the car dies, even when its warm, does anyone have any suggestions on what i should do? i want to be able to drive it around but with this problem it doesnt seem like that will happen.

Matt

WyoLS

Reaction score
I don't have much experiance with rotary engines, but have the tip seals ever been replaced? i don't have a clue if that would/could cause any of this but if they are worn I would assume it could cause any number of things... just a thought, good luck!

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah....you'd definitely have better luck getting good solid help on a wankel forum.

Mrslice2004

Reaction score
thanks for the tips guys, ill see what happends, going to clean the carb and see if it runs any better, if not then ill rebuild it or just replace it hehe.

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
replacing the apex seals is like replacing piston rings. if you're not replacing them it's not a rebuild. i think he's talking about rebuilding the carb.

Mrslice2004

Reaction score
Eventually i will be rebuilding the whole motor, but for now i just want to get it running so i can actually drive it around and then work from there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson