A few interior questions

Octain16

Reaction score
Alright I have a few questions about my 2007 LT cobalt. First off a little back history of the vehicle. It was purchased about six months ago through a work friend of my dad. The friend's lease was up and he had the opportunity to purchase the vehicle. He wasn't interested in the car, but knew my dad was trying to help me get one after my 99' Bonneville died. Over the six months I've had the car I really like it, minus a few issues.

First off, about a week before the friend's lease was up he was driving the car and a cigarette butt came through the window, singeing the back seat. The hole is small, but the friend bought us a replacement seat cover (factory). I'm wondering how you get the seat out of the vehicle.

The second issue I have is with the sunroof. At speeds of 65+ mph, it will whistle because of an air leak. When closed it doesn't appear to be seated properly. It doesn't sit flush with the roof, as the sunroof does on my dad's 10' Impala. Is there the capability to adjust the sunroof so it closes further? I know there is no manual closing option for it.

The final issue is with the stereos Axillary in jack. Usually it works normal, however occasionally the audio with get extremely quiet and tinny. Has anyone else encountered this issue, or know of any fix?

Sorry for the wall of text, I just can't stand typing in "internet speak".
Thanks in advance, any advice is welcome.

The GRAFX Shop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can adjust the sunroof . its a pain in the ass. i tried and got too mad at it but had both my g5 and cobalt in for this. the cobalt came from factory up way too high. and when the g5 sunroof motor was replaced ... they had it in almost sideways ..lol

the back seats are easy to come out. for the bottom section . sit in the back of your car with your back to the front seats and slam your knee into the seat. there is 1 clip on each side .. needs to be pushed down and towards the back of the car to release. the knee slam works best for this.

the aux jack. could be your cable. try a new cable if you havnt already. if this isnt the issue. the aux jack could be lose .. on the inside. they are only soilder in there and easly break. mite be a hard fix.

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can adjust the sunroof . its a pain in the ass. i tried and got too mad at it but had both my g5 and cobalt in for this. the cobalt came from factory up way too high. and when the g5 sunroof motor was replaced ... they had it in almost sideways ..lol

the back seats are easy to come out. for the bottom section . sit in the back of your car with your back to the front seats and slam your knee into the seat. there is 1 clip on each side .. needs to be pushed down and towards the back of the car to release. the knee slam works best for this.

the aux jack. could be your cable. try a new cable if you havnt already. if this isnt the issue. the aux jack could be lose .. on the inside. they are only soilder in there and easly break. mite be a hard fix.

what he said.

My sunroof is the same way. the front left corner is visibly higher. mine was caused from flexing the frame too much :hahano: Also my sliding solar shade is beginning to sag.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso