ABS/ TC

tocostew

Reaction score
What would cause the ABS / TC lights to come on? What can I check first?

thanks

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lots of stuff lol. But if you got both at the same time and they stay on I would speculate that you lost a wheel speed sensor. Any other symptoms? Does the info panel say anything at key on?

tocostew

Reaction score
Lots of stuff lol. But if you got both at the same time and they stay on I would speculate that you lost a wheel speed sensor. Any other symptoms? Does the info panel say anything at key on?
yes, they stay on all the time. I don't really feel much difference in stopping though. Is the wheel speed sensor on the rim or mounted to the frame somewhere.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's built into the wheel hub. There are connectors at all four corners of the car near the wheel hub. Make sure they are all plugged in. A scan tool might be able to tell you which corner isn't talking.
513206-L-Map1.jpg

A common point of failure for the turbo cars is the loom over the back of the engine, that pair goes to the passenger front wheel.
XQjXNqR.jpg

tocostew

Reaction score
It's built into the wheel hub. There are connectors at all four corners of the car near the wheel hub. Make sure they are all plugged in. A scan tool might be able to tell you which corner isn't talking.
513206-L-Map1.jpg

A common point of failure for the turbo cars is the loom over the back of the engine, that pair goes to the passenger front wheel.
XQjXNqR.jpg
great pics, its not a turbo so Ill check the back wheels. I did notice on the passenger side around by the wheel a cable hanging down just a little bit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais