Acceleration Mods Help

chanceb23

Reaction score
Hi guys I am new to the forum, I believe I originally posted this into the wrong section so I am posting it here as well sorry.. I picked my 07 Cobalt up yesterday with a 2.2 ECOTech motor. I am going to start modding it out and first want to start with the lack of acceleration these cars have. I have an automatic that limits out at 120mph (Yes I topped it out during my test drive). Does anyone have some ideas to get more accel out of this car? I am not interested in a Super/Turbo charger yet. I was thinking new exhaust, headers, intake. Anything else to start?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure of it'll fit your LAP motor. It wasn't much of a change on the older L61. And it was hell to tune for, you basically had to rewrite the throttle pedal to body translation numbers. Made it really jumpy.

chanceb23

Reaction score
Thank you I read on another forum that it was almost a must to mod but I couldn't see the point. What is the best route to tune? I am installing the air intake today and the header/exhaust possibly next weekend or whenever I receive them form the internet.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Having an 07 you can go with HPTuners or Trifecta. Do some research into both of them. You won't see huge power gains, but it'll have a better torque curve and your fuel mileage will get better if you keep out of it.

Last edited:

chanceb23

Reaction score
Last question can I put the intake, header, exhaust and run it stock and get it tuned a few months later? I only ask because I do not have the funds purchase exhaust, header and tuner together. I want to do it in steps.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, so long as you don't change the throttle body out it'll run fine. Disconnect the battery for a bit to reset the ecu, it'll adjust to the changed part quicker that way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso