Advice on Fender Stripes

My08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just purchased a set of fender stripes for my 08' Cobalt. I made sure to buy what I hope is a high quality decal set. Had a few questions which i'm sure you guys can answer.

Anyone who's applied them, was the application as straight forward as it seems? Or were there some unexpected isssues?

What's the best way to avoid bubbling?

Finally, has anyone noticed any peeling or fading?

I know the last question depends on what brand/type of decal was purchased but would still like to hear feedback.

While i'm at it....My next purchase is going to be some StreetGlow wheel well lights. Anyone have those who can give a review?

The GRAFX Shop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i sell fender stripes from skdecals.ca (online Store)
Fender Stripes 5 (Cobalt) - $40.00 : skdecals.ca (online Store)

iv sold lots and lots of sets of these. will last around 6 years. possible longer if you wax them. iv had no un happy customers.

some places sell 3 year vinyl or cheap knock off brands. these will not last. they will fade and chip.
you get what you paid for. with in reason. some places charge more for a cheap vinyl. iv tryed to install a set of stripes i paid $20 for off ebay to prove a point. fail. the vinyl riped wile installing.

bubbles will probably happen. but light heat even sunlight takes them out.
there is also a how to video on my site

My08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i sell fender stripes from skdecals.ca (online Store)
Fender Stripes 5 (Cobalt) - $40.00 : skdecals.ca (online Store)

iv sold lots and lots of sets of these. will last around 6 years. possible longer if you wax them. iv had no un happy customers.

some places sell 3 year vinyl or cheap knock off brands. these will not last. they will fade and chip.
you get what you paid for. with in reason. some places charge more for a cheap vinyl. iv tryed to install a set of stripes i paid $20 for off ebay to prove a point. fail. the vinyl riped wile installing.

bubbles will probably happen. but light heat even sunlight takes them out.
there is also a how to video on my site

Thanks for the info. I was actually an accidental tourist to your site in the midst of my search but had forgotton the web address. Will post up pics of install and give a review. Cant wait for them to get hear! Got a few other goodies on order as well.

The GRAFX Shop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my best advice it take your time installing. altho you didnt buy from us. your still welcome to view the video...lol a heat gun or hair dryer (super low amounts of heat) may help as well

also dont try and put them on in sunlight. the heat wile installin can cause issues.

My08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my stripes in the mail yesterday. Tried installing them today but ended up being unhappy with the outcome.

Here's why:
For one, they were too short to put them at the angle I wanted (Wanted them to match the angle of the seem where the front fascia meets the quarter panel). Second, they weren't a true black, they had a slight purple-ish hue to them (I call it 'Sharpie Black'). Finally, I ran into nothing but bubbles and wrinkles while installing them.

I'm a fairly handy guy and I was quite conifdent in my ability to install these. With that said i'm pretty sure that it was not a lack of skill but rather a lack of quality. Overall i've decided to just have my stripes painted on next week - In silver this time.

SKDECALS.CA I appreciate your input and the video on your sight was a great way to approach this install. I have no doubt that if the stripes were of quality they would've gone on perfect. Should've bought them from your site. Oh well....beer time.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Should also mention that while peeling away the protective cover and before even touching them I noticed that they were scratched to hell. Looked like someone took a scotch brite pad to them.

Last edited:

The GRAFX Shop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my stripes in the mail yesterday. Tried installing them today but ended up being unhappy with the outcome.

Here's why:
For one, they were too short to put them at the angle I wanted (Wanted them to match the angle of the seem where the front fascia meets the quarter panel). Second, they weren't a true black, they had a slight purple-ish hue to them (I call it 'Sharpie Black'). Finally, I ran into nothing but bubbles and wrinkles while installing them.

I'm a fairly handy guy and I was quite conifdent in my ability to install these. With that said I'm pretty sure that it was not a lack of skill but rather a lack of quality. Overall I've decided to just have my stripes painted on next week - In silver this time.

SKDECALS.CA I appreciate your input and the video on your sight was a great way to approach this install. I have no doubt that if the stripes were of quality they would've gone on perfect. Should've bought them from your site. Oh well....beer time.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Should also mention that while peeling away the protective cover and before even touching them I noticed that they were scratched to hell. Looked like someone took a scotch brite pad to them.

hey sorry to here you had a crappy time and crappy stripes.
altho this wasn't my product nor is it up to me to make it right. i know what its like to have the feeling you have right now. wasted money effort and time ready to kick something.

that being said. rather then have you paint your car (something that cant be undone) ill sell you a set of my stripes at a discount cost. you want silver?
ill sell them to you for $25 counting shipping. long as you post a pic once they are installed

pm me if your interested and we can get them sent out Monday!

also my fender stripes are 23 inches long . so you are able to have them at pretty well any angle you like

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya man sorry sounds like you got cheap shit . you give the people crap yet ? i would go to sk and get that deal if i was you . if you dont like the paint you cant just peel it off .

My08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey sorry to here you had a crappy time and crappy stripes.
altho this wasn't my product nor is it up to me to make it right. i know what its like to have the feeling you have right now. wasted money effort and time ready to kick something.

that being said. rather then have you paint your car (something that cant be undone) ill sell you a set of my stripes at a discount cost. you want silver?
ill sell them to you for $25 counting shipping. long as you post a pic once they are installed

pm me if your interested and we can get them sent out Monday!

also my fender stripes are 23 inches long . so you are able to have them at pretty well any angle you like

Pm'd

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie