Aftermarket Crank Pulley Installation(2.2, 2.4)

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
So i have permmsision from the creator: Jn2 to do it so

picture.php

picture.php

Tool needed:
jack and jack stands
serpentine belt tool
air tools(electrical impact works fine too)
sockets set

Materials needed:
MRZ pulley(which ever size u picked)
gatorback p#4050390 belt if you picked the UDP version
silicone
antisieze
motor oil
crank bolt(stock is a TTY)

step 1: jack vehicle in the air and remove the passenger side tire
step 2: remove fender lining if ts in the way(dont remember if i took it off or not)
step 3: use serpentine belt tool to take tension off the tensioner and remove the stock belt, the little hole is located right in the middle of the tensionor
step 4: use you impact to remove the crank bolt, i used a electrical impact rated 200lbs/ft, removed that bolt no questions asked
step 5: once the bolt is out you can wiggle the stock balancer out, i had a harmonic balancer removel tool with me, didnt need it, the stock one came out by wiggling it out, this is what you will see once its out
picture.php

step 6: put silicone on the keyway on the inside of the pulley, you will know which im talking about when you see it, it looks like something slides in it, next put antisieze on the inside where the bolt will got thru, after that put some oil on the outer part of it to lube up the pulley for when it goes in, you can look at your stock one as it has oil on it too rom the engine
picture.php

where it says grease, put oil
step 7: wedge the pulley back in the way it came out, only goes one way since it has that slit in it, once its in;
picture.php

^^thats the UDP installed
picture.php

^^thats the OEM lightweight installed
step 8: put the bolt back on, and re-trq it on there, this part you will hear alot of, some say you can use it over, some say get a new one, i used the stock bolt, threw 200lbs of trq to it and called it a day, how ever here is the proper specs for it
First pass ……………………...............………100 N-m / 74 lb ft
Second pass …………………..............………75 degrees
step 9: put your belt on, put lining back on, put everything back in

when you start your car it might idle a bit higher, mine idled 1200rpm, i let it sit for a good 15-20 mins and the idle settle back down to 800
picture.php

picture.php

UDP idling
picture.php

Start up
picture.php

start up+a/c
picture.php

engine bay idling

Last edited:

utsadude

Platinum Member
Reaction score
No, the slot area it keeps referring to.

Just fixing a small problem in an otherwise flawless how-to.

Who wrote this up?

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
at the top, JN2 i pm'd him to move it over cuz ima gonna need it, he said he was too lazy to do it, i would otherwise be as well but he said i could move it and i did

utsadude

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Gotcha.

Oh Juan... For a guy who works on his car every other day, you would think he would know what a keyway is already... haha

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha.

Oh Juan... For a guy who works on his car every other day, you would think he would know what a keyway is already... haha

i do, but most the time i can identify what something is, but call it a thingy, or something random like that, just how i am

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie