Aftermarket Pedal Install

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here is a quick write up on my installation of my sparco pedal set. This may not work for all pedal sets because of different sizes and styles, but this is how I did mine. Others may have better ideas for mounting the gas pedal, but this one worked for me.

1. Remove the gas pedal arm. This is done by removing the three bolts and the wire harness shown here.

pedal20assy1ho2.jpg

2. Once you have the arm removed from the vehicle, remove the plastic gas pedal. The pedal is held on by two threaded rivets. I was able to push them out using a big ass pair of pliers, and a even bigger hammer and punch. This takes a little force, and beware, if you care to save the oem pedal be gentle, cause the plastic will crack easily if you are not carefull.

3. Once the pedal is removed, attach a 90 degree, 4 hole bracket to mount the aftermarket pedals onto it. For my setup, re-drilling one hole in the bracket and one hole in the pedal arm was needed to make it fit with my smaller gas pedal. The picture shows the two new holes that I drilled and the attachment plate.

bracket2011sw8.jpg

This picture shows the side view of the 90 degree bracket attached to the arm. The silver plate on top was also drilled out in order for the attachment plate to fit securely.

bracket202mf5.jpg

Picture showing the sparco pedal installed on the attachment plate.

braclet203kp8.jpg

bracket20with20pedalqn2.jpg

4. Re-attach pedal arm, bolts, and wire harness.

5. Remove rubber pedal covers from cluth and brake. Use the attachment plates as a guide as to where you need to drill. The brake pedal is a bitch because of the welds. I had to drill two new holes into the attachment plate and into the brake pedal to get these to work correctly. Repeat steps for the clutch pedal. The cluth is plastic and drilling is easy.

It takes a little bit of time, but it is worth it. I love the smaller gas pedal compared the large hunk of plastic that came stock. The gas pedal sits about 2 inches to the rear compared to the brake and clutch, but I find it easier to get my foot moved from the brake to the gas then before, and have much response feel in my toes then before.

pedals201fo5.jpg

pedals204eu5.jpg

pedals202zc6.jpg

ACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hopefully ill be installing my sparcos soon but good write up

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good write up, im looking at getting some momo ones for mine down the road

ACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you have pics of how you did the clutch pedal ???

Last edited:

ACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i got mine in today i will post pics when they are installed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais