Aftermarket radio, Ign. switched power?

jordypop

Reaction score
I recently installed a Pioneer aftermarket radio in my '07 Cobalt LT. Everything went smoothly, except I can't figure out where to hook up the switched power wire. The OEM harness apparently doesn't have a wire for that. From what little info I can find online, I need to tie in to fuse #8 (ignition switched, 2 amp). I have no idea how to tell which wires are on that. Right now I've got the radio tied in to the Illumination wire, meaning I need to always have my headlights on, because that's when the dash illumination lights come on. Every article or video source completely skips over the exact wiring process so I'm dead in the water right now.

TLDR; exactly which wire can I tie my radio's switched power to? I need color, location, what it attaches to, etc. Please, peeps. You're my last hope for getting this job done properly! Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

five7man

Reaction score
Here's what I could find on what you asked for fuse #8 (ignition switched, 2 amp).
Looks like you want the red/white wire that is in cavity 2 on a 6 position connector coming of the ignition switch.
Please refer to the attached schematics.

Attachments

• BCM2, CLUSTER, IGN SW, STOP LPS, AUDIO AMPLIFIER Fuses.pdf
    130.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Ignition Switch Connector End View.pdf
    10.8 KB · Views: 4

Nick Miller

Reaction score
If you take of every panel under the steering wheel, look at the ignition. Right under where the key goes, there is a harness with about 4 wires. Tap into the brown one.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais