Air bag sir light

gberland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got an airbag light on that comes on and off once and awhile intermittent, flashes "Service Air Bag" seem to come on especially when i brake hard?? anyone have this issue 2006 LS 2.2L

gberland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
duct tape the steering wheel as hard as you can :)

lol nice:hahano:

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

loose connect maybe?

actually theres a connector right under the seat u have to disconnect to take out the seat ive disconnected this before perhaps this is why, i took it into chevy and they said there is a part that cost 180$ that i need?? without it i would have no air bag activation on a collision!!:whymewhyme:

gberland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seems to be intermittent i couldve scanned it myself but i got them too for 90$ Found a DTC history code B0081 passenger pressence invalid serial data recieved U2100 controler area network canbus comm, there is a TSB 09-09-40-003 for a possible defective harness on Passenger seat belt, they found a kink in my harness so mostly likely cause is the Passenger seat belt assembly , so the part i need is a BELT KIT, which is 182$ CAN without labour basically there is a wire in there that is broken and the signal cant get through the the CPU so the SIR light is alluminated, but to be sure the only way to find out is to throw a scanner on your car

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais