Air box Mod

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was thinking of doing the airbox mod . has anyone done this ? i was think of doing this taken the silencer out and useing flex pipe in its place to help get colder air to the filter . also what filter should i get ? only reason im thinking of doing this instead of a cai is ....."wife" lol . kinda have to do it the cheap way

Hailcesar75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ain't really gonna help. Don't waste ur time.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Or go to pepboys or autozone and get a spectre intake. They got different size tubes and filters. Also for the maf to hookup

The_cobalt_Kid

Reaction score
the airbox mod dosent do any thing, but give your intake a slighty diffrent sound, and its a pain in the ass to remove

Hailcesar75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the spectre in take has different angle sections that you buy. About $12 each. They also have filters like k&n and injen style. Filter is about $20

You probably need 4 sections. Go to autozone and check it out. Pretty cool stuff

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To make a specter intake for a 2.2 or 2.4 its about 100 in parts from vatozone, better off buying an AEM intake or similar, thats what i did when I had my 2.2

My08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything is better than stock. I removed my filter for a few days and immediately noticed it would build rpm's quicker. Not saying it's a night and day difference but, I did notice. Even noticed a deeper sound between 3000-3500rpm. No noticebale power increase per se but I can certainly tell this car is starving for air. It's begging for an intake, header and exhaust - or forced induction!

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything is better than stock. I removed my filter for a few days and immediately noticed it would build rpm's quicker. Not saying it's a night and day difference but, I did notice. Even noticed a deeper sound between 3000-3500rpm. No noticebale power increase per se but I can certainly tell this car is starving for air. It's begging for an intake, header and exhaust - or forced induction!

stupid stupid stupid. go change ur oil before you further damage your cylinder walls and create a blowby problem and damage your rod and cam bearings. small particles of dirt are now floating in your oil acting like sand paper scraping your rod and cam journals. yes one day with no filter can cause major damage.

journal wear
Crank_Rod_Journal.jpg

bearing wear
Rod_Bearing_1.jpg

Last edited:

My08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stupid stupid stupid. go change ur oil before you further damage your cylinder walls and create a blowby problem and damage your rod and cam bearings. small particles of dirt are now floating in your oil acting like sand paper scraping your rod and cam journals. yes one day with no filter can cause major damage.

journal wear
Crank_Rod_Journal.jpg

bearing wear
Rod_Bearing_1.jpg

Please cite me *one* documented case of major engine damage from one day without a filter, I will wait patiently. Before you accuse my actions of being stupid make sure you aren't posting something stupid either. There is a thing on an engine called an oil filter, its role is to eliminate dirt and particles from the oil. Now I suppose you will tell me the oil filter is of no use either?

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Running without an air filter will score your cylinder walls PERIOD! Now cycle the oil throught the oil filter enough times without an air filter the oil filter is going to get clogged there's something in it called a bypass valve which will bypass the filter bucko. Plus smart guy the intake is going straight into the combustion chamber so that means that the oil filter will not make a difference if its going straight on the piston rings and cylinder walls. Keep running with no air filter and prove my point go ahead. and if I remember correctly you stated you ran a FEW days anyway. Yes 1 day with out a filter will cause damage. Why the **** do you think they invented them in the first place.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson