Airbox mod review

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
Well I just finished part 1 of the airbox mod on my sstc, so far I just removed the snorkle and then Monday night I will finish it up. Taken off fail.net from vendor ZZP who has done an amazing job showing everyone how to mod the airbox for dirt cheep and fairly easy. I have noticed an absolute increase in throttle response with the snorkle off and was very happy with it on the drive to work tonight. I'm excited to finish the bottom section and then get ahold of the aem silicone top section, very happy with the ability to make a good intake basically DIY for much less than the expensive and nealy useless aftermarket intakes.......so far. I reccomend this airbox mod to any sstc owner, dealership will never know, pending u do it nicely.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
well just got home from work and took the long way home. I am very impressed with the increased throttle response, absolutely amazing..........say, does anybody know what this thing is they call turbo lag, cause I sure as **** don't have a damned clue anymore :) *does happy dance* can't wait for a tune

Last edited:

codytheoutlaw

Reaction score
can you hear the turbo and bpv? i hate how quite these cars are stock. i want an intake, but they all suck :(

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
can you hear the turbo and bpv? i hate how quite these cars are stock. i want an intake, but they all suck :(

yea it's definitely louder now, do you have the K&N drop in air filter? That's the best place to start, I have both the airbox mod and the K&N drop in filter. I would like it to be louder but it's pretty good right now.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you explain this airbox mod? or pm me the link cause I cant use the search over there for crap lol

codytheoutlaw

Reaction score
i think zzp did the write up on it. id find it for you but the faggots wont unban me, or return a fucking email.

Last edited:

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
Lol I found it in a google search :) google>fail.net and yes zzp did the review, I'm at work now posting from my phone so I can't pm the link till 8am tomorrow morning, it is one of the best mods u will do to any sstc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie