An Idea

Aredtear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so this isn't a build but I read some guys talking about this on g5club.net and was thinking of doing it myself (after my warrenty runs out)

So the conversation started with a guy thinking of doing an LS swap (most likely saw it from Forza) And some people figured it couldn't happen and what not. Their was then mention of doing a V6 swap and that's what struck my intrest. So that's what I'm seriously thinking of doing and s/c'ing it or t/cing it.

So my only questions are is this possible? and what would I have to do to make it fit and stuff? I'm gonna guess the stock mounts wouldn't do so I'm probably gonna have to look into swapping it with mounts off a G6.

Let me know what yall think. Good Idea? Bad Idea? And if you know if it's been done could anyone let me know how they did it? Thanx Guys :grd:

I'm asking this on here cause their are a few people on g5club that just like to shit on people and their ideas :893Chainsaw-Smilie-:shooter:

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
id have to look i cant either

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

2009 Pontiac G6 GXP Sedan Performance & Efficiency Standard Features
- 3,564 cc 3.6 liters V 6 front engine with 94.0 mm bore, 85.6 mm stroke, 10.2 compression ratio, double overhead cam, variable valve timing/camshaft and four valves per cylinder LY7
- Unleaded fuel 87
- Multi-point injection fuel system
- 16.4 gallon main unleaded fuel tank 13.7
- Power: 188 kW , 252 HP SAE @ 6,300 rpm; 251 ft lb , 340 Nm @ 3,200 rpm
2009 Pontiac G6 GXP Sedan Handling, Ride & Braking Standard Features
- ABS
- Four disc brakes including two ventilated discs
- Electronic traction control via ABS & engine management
- Immobilizer
- Spacesaver steel rim spare wheel
- Stability control
- Strut front suspension independent with stabilizer bar and coil springs, multi-link rear suspension independent with stabilizer bar and coil springs
2009 Pontiac G6 GXP Sedan Exterior & Aerodynamics Standard Features
- Painted front and rear bumpers
- Day time running lights
- Driver and passenger power painted door mirrors
- External dimensions: overall length (inches): 189.0, overall width (inches): 70.6, overall height (inches): 57.1, wheelbase (inches): 112.3, front track (inches): 59.6, rear track (inches): 60.0 and curb to curb turning circle (feet): 40.0
- Front fog lights
- Complex surface lens halogen bulb headlights
- Luxury trim alloy & leather on gearknob and alloy look on doors
- Metallic paint
- Fixed rear window with defogger
- Trunk/hatch spoiler
- Weights: curb weight (lbs) 3,545
- Windshield wipers with automatic intermittent wipe

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

increase the bores and s/c it??? with the reduced weight of the cobalt???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie