Another Guage Install Question

CFCobalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
currently installing three guages in the a pillar....as it stand now i have all three wired into one power line that taps into the fuse box with an "add a line"...the problem is only the first guage in the series is receiving power.....

so as i see it....my only option is to run independent power wires to different items...

so what items can i tap in to that are not constant sources i.e. 12v to cigarette lighters etc...or would it be smarter to tap into three constant sources and use three separate power switches (which seems really stupid and a waste of time and effort)....

basically....if you have three guages in a your pillar....what are you using to power all three?...and did you wire in series or three independent power sources....

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tom!!! Chime in on this, I know theres a wire you tapped into for everything lol

CBodnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
currently installing three guages in the a pillar....as it stand now i have all three wired into one power line that taps into the fuse box with an "add a line"...the problem is only the first guage in the series is receiving power.....

so as i see it....my only option is to run independent power wires to different items...

so what items can i tap in to that are not constant sources i.e. 12v to cigarette lighters etc...or would it be smarter to tap into three constant sources and use three separate power switches (which seems really stupid and a waste of time and effort)....

basically....if you have three guages in a your pillar....what are you using to power all three?...and did you wire in series or three independent power sources....

do you have a stock boost gauge? i just tapped off my stock boost gauge then used that 12v source for my n2o pressure gauge. i ran a seperate 12v power source for the aem wideband to the inside fuse box in the car (passenger side). i tapped into the WIPER'S one.

it all depends on each gauge. like certain gauges u can take 1 and run it to all 3 because they don't use a lot of power. i just ran an extra one for my wideband b/c i wasn't sure if that took up a whole lot of power. someone told me to run an different 12v source for the aem wb.

so i have the stock boost gauge which has power from a 12v source and i spliced into that one and gave my n2o pressure gauge that 12v source and also the dimmer which isn't a 12v source on the stock boost gauge i spliced into and hooked the n2o gauge up to it so that can dim also.

DSC04440.jpg

DSC04345.jpg

hope that helps

CFCobalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes and no.....i'm only a base model so no stock boost guage....

but i figured i might have to run to three separate sources to ensure each guage has enough power.....and you pretty much confirmed that for me, so thanks!

im just waiting on tom to chime in with his base model info!!!

CBodnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes and no.....i'm only a base model so no stock boost guage....

but i figured i might have to run to three separate sources to ensure each guage has enough power.....and you pretty much confirmed that for me, so thanks!

im just waiting on tom to chime in with his base model info!!!

it all depends on the gauge. what 3 gauges?

b/c i know a boost gauge and like n2o pressure don't require a lot of voltage and you can run 2 off 1 source. i myself wasn't sure about the aem wideband but i did run all 3 gauges off one power source for a while and didn't notice any problems. i just ended up running an extra wire and that day i hooked the aem wb up to the wiper 12v source.

so basically i think you can run 3 gauges off 1 power source.... pretty sure b/c i did it for a couple months and saw no problems with any gauges.

which gauges are you getting or do you have just wondering i'll do a little bit of searching and i'll try to find out and help you

CFCobalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the autometer voltmeter, nitrous pressure, and cobalt series narrowband...and thanks for the help mang!

CFCobalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just an added bit of info before i hit the nitrous....i know its not as accurate as a wideband and is mostly just a "light show"....but its what i wanted...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais