Are these 3 maintenance jobs standard?

Allie7

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Chevy Cobalt LT, 2.2 liter. My husband says he can change the coolant, the spark plugs, and the fuel filter. He's done those on our other cars in the past.

He doesn't want to watch the instructional videos/look at instruction posts online....since he says he knows all that stuff.

So my question is, are any of those 3 maint. jobs different than for most cars?
Anything special I need to tell him?

Thank you much! :allesmoegliche024:

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Also, should I use OEM parts for all 3? I'm definitely using Dex Cool for Coolant. Is Prestone Dex Cool from Walmart the real thing? What brand are OEM spark plugs and where is the best place to buy all the parts? Thanks!

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Also does the Haynes Repair manual detail all these jobs? Do they tell you what OEM parts to use? I'm thinking of getting one since my husband referred to one for my old jeep cherokee.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OEM plugs and fuel filter are ACDelco, coolant is ACDelco too but I have Prestone in mine so it's fine.
Fuel filter: ACDelco#GF824 GM#22734980
Spark plugs: GM#12625058

The important part is that fuel filter, there's a check valve in it that the cheap ones are missing. So make sure you get that one specifically.

Checkout RockAuto.com, great prices and there's a discount code in their vendor section.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais