auto windows

PoweredByLE5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always wondered. Is it possible to make the rest of the windows auto in the car like the drivers side? Like you tap down once and the window automatically goes down. Also is there a way to make it go auto up? Cause my dad's lexus has auto all windows + up. I love that, and hate that the balt doesn't have it for all, and wanna know if there's a way to make them all auto?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Where there's a will....there's a way.

However its not simple and I dont think anybody's done it yet. I would definetely be interested in doing this myself if I had more free time.

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anything is possible. just a matter of how far someone is willing to go to make it work. but with this, it should just be a matter of using the correct window switch if i'm not mistaken.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would need to have my dad look at the window switch diagrams to figure out how the switch knows the window is up and all that crap....its a hell of a headache.

wardzach2007

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My friend's V-Dub has where he can roll down the windows from his key less entry. He just had to re-program it to do that.

I wish we had something like that. :(

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd steal you're keys and roll em down in the rain lol

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would need to have my dad look at the window switch diagrams to figure out how the switch knows the window is up and all that crap....its a hell of a headache.

not 100% but i'm pretty sure the driver window switch has 2 modes one for regular power and a position farther down which has the automated power. seeing as there really isn't any controllers other then the circuit board inside the switch. so when you go passed the first setting it holds the switch open allowing the switch to stay open.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Right, but how does it go "oh hey window is down all the way, cut power"? theres gotta be some kind of sensor.

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my assumption would be the regulator motor itself having a "kill power" switch when the window is all the way down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais