B&M Shift Plus Installation?

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
]Step 1: Order your Shiftplus from CobaltPerformanceParts, TurboTech, Gravana.

Step 2: Wire the end of B&M thru the firewall from the inside, there is a rubber grommet directly behind the gas pedal, pop it out, and stick the wire thru.
DSC00487.jpg

Step 3: Locate the wire, and pull it on out on the engine side (it comes out behind the fuse box, so it is kind of difficult to get to)

Step 4: Locate the transmission harness. (It is between the valve cover and fuse box about one foot down; It is a 2" diameter gray plug, plugged into a large aluminum block, you cant miss it!)
DSC00488.jpg

Step 5: Pull the wires out of the wiring loom, locate the Light Blue wire with a white stripe, and the Red Wire with a Black stripe ---- IMPORTANT ---- there are two red wires with black stripes, you want the one that is NOT twisted with another wire! ----

Step 6: Mate the Black wire on the Shiftplus with the Light Blue wire, and the Red Shiftplus wire with the Red wire with either a wire tap, or solder them directly.
DSC00489.jpg

Step 7: Tape it up, make it look pretty, close the hood, and VIOLA, you're done!

With Stage II activated, shift from 'P' into 'D' will give you a nasty lurch, but I wouldnt worry about it since our tranny's are rated for 230 ft/lbs of torque! The shifts are much more solid and sound feeling. The only thing I dislike is there should be a third setting which is all out nuts, 100% pressure strictly for track use only. I have no problem cruising around with Stage II all day.

FYI - Once you select a setting, you cannot bump it back down until the car is turned off and restarted.

Last edited:

randallel21

Reaction score
What is the model number for that bc all I can find is 70380, it that it or even close!?

randallel21

Reaction score
so then is the one originally designed for the older GM rear wheel drive models!?

JLbeast

Reaction score
I just installed this on mine, and no problems. I didnt the same second look thing with the older gm rear axle thing. But not a prob. works great. And as for screwing up your tranny, no not at all. It actually prolongs your tranny life. As your tranny shifts "smoothly" it is slipping, and while it slips it creates alot of friction on your bands and such. with this mod it takes away that slipping and hence there for not as much slipping!!

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

did*

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

friction* lol... time to get off this thing

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais