Back right tire wont move/ locked

jameswest

Reaction score
i was driving and my back right tire wont spin and i cant drive

jameswest

Reaction score
my left tire wouldnt spin but we pushed a little bit and it started going just the right wont do anything. so i shut off my car and i reversed and everything was fine till half a street and my car stopped again

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

its also -25 here so maybe my park break is frozen?

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rear drum?. reverse is usually the adjuster.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

did you have the parking brake set for a period of time?

Last edited:

jameswest

Reaction score
i had my parking break set for about 2 hours but i seen a skid mark in my driveway when i walked back and my tire wasnt spinning at all, and when i reversed i heard a big clunk on my back tire but thought maybe i ran over a chunk of snow or something.

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good possibility parking brake is frozen

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

water probably made it into the cables and froze, or inside the drum the parts froze.

i doubt it is a failure of the brake making a shoe wedge the drum because you said it was fine before you park it and then when you went to drive away it was seized. when you say -25 i'm assuming thats Celsius

Last edited:

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
um only way to check is to take off the wheel and the drum "good luck". if the parking brake is still engaged it's going to be very hard to remove. get a big hammer...

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just bang the drum with a BFH.Hopefully its just frozen and you can knock it loose.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie