Battery Question

iacobalt

Reaction score
I have an 06 LT, that I am having issues with. My issue is, whenever I leave any kind of power on, like the lights or even just radio for more than like 20 mins or so, i have to jump the car. All that is needed is just hooking up the cables and it starts up rigth away. I guess my question is, did GM warranty their batteries for 5 years? If they did, does it apply only to original owners or would I be able to replace it?

Thanks

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
it more than likely would have been for the original owners. they cost a good bit to replace. mine cost 100 bucks

newfiedan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Battery

Get a multimeter and check the voltage while it is running, it should be sitting around 14.2-14.4 volts at idle, if its not then your alternator is at fault, if its good then the battery connections or the battery itself is at fault. They are lead acid batteries but I would recommend upgrading to a gel cell optima if you are going to swap them as it gives a deeper cycle battery which helps with longer periods of the car not running with the audio, etc on as well as superior vibration resistance the only draw back is that you can not do a fast charge with a gel cell battery it has to be a trickle charge if you drain it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson