blower not working

apelow

Reaction score
2006 chevy cobalt blower not working, change resister still not working
put 12 volts to blower motor and it works fine ,checked fuses but can not find what one is for blower motor (under hood and passinger side panel)
any ideas what it could be?

kovi

Reaction score
hey dude. did you ever figure out what was wrong with your blower fan? I'm having the same issues...

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a small panel inside the car. To the right. Passenger side. Right under the stereo. Remove the panel and check the blower motor fan fuse there.

kovi

Reaction score
mine is still not working. I replaced the fan motor, the resistor, the relay and the blower switch. all of my fuses test good but, I still get no power going TO the switch...

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You removed the small panel on the passenger side and checked all fuses right?
Another guess is a short somewhere going to the ac / heat knobs module

kovi

Reaction score
found the problems!

first of all... there are TWO fuses under the hood for the BCM (body control module) one 30 amp, one 40 amp. Even though it wasn't "blown"... the 30 amp one was bad. this fuse is apparently dedicated to the blower HVAC system because nothing else was affected at all.

second. if the blower switch on the dash is bad, GM will charge you $125 to $150 to replace the whole hvac panel. the blower switch itself is not available. SO! before spending the cash, I carefully bent up the ears on the back of the switch and opened it up. Now.... the contacts are spring loaded BUT!! there was SO much grease inside that switch.... as the contacts wore slightly... the grease held them apart because it had nowhere to ooze out....

AFTER wiping out all the excess grease, losing the little BB that positions the knob, finding the BB again... : ) I put it back together and POOF!!! works perfectly!!

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The HVAC panel float around for 50$ lol. There's plenty available

Mammana

Reaction score
2006 chevy cobalt blower not working, change resister still not working
put 12 volts to blower motor and it works fine ,checked fuses but can not find what one is for blower motor (under hood and passinger side panel)
any ideas what it could be?

I had the same problem on my 2007 cobalt and it was the simplest thing I could possibly imagine. I bought a new resistor, switch and fan and when I was just getting ready to install my fan my hand bumped some wires and it turned back on! Been working fine ever since. If it's not anything like the fan , switch , ect... And you're getting power just follow the wires and make sure you don't have a short! Saved me a lot of money and hassle because those blower fans are NOT easy too install

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie